We don't like a lot of fine print. We like disappointment even less. We suspect that you feel the same. So, here's the details when renting from Bend Westy...
Camper Van Rental Terms & Conditions
1. Reservations: Reservation Deposit: A 25% deposit is required at time of booking. The receipt of this deposit does not imply acceptance by the Lessor of the booking. Only when the Rental Requirements have been confirmed by the Lessor is the deposit accepted, as the first installment of the total payable.
2. Payments: Payment of all rental charges are due 14 days prior to pickup of the vehicle. This must be paid in U.S. Dollars by MasterCard, Visa, or American Express. Sorry, no personal checks or cash can be accepted.
THERE WILL BE NO REFUND OF TIME CHARGES FOR LATE PICKUP OR EARLY RETURN. THERE WILL BE NO REFUND IN THE EVENT THAT RENTER CANNOT VERIFY COMPLIANCE WITH RENTAL REQUIREMENTS.
3. Cancellation Policy: All cancellations must be in writing. A $50 charge applies to all cancellations over 30 days from the date of departure. Cancellations made less than 30 days prior to scheduled date of departure result in forfeiture of the reservation deposit. Cancellations made less than 14 days prior to scheduled departure result in full forfeiture of rental fees.
4. Security Deposit: Security/Cleaning deposit is $1,000 and is fully refundable less any damage, loss of equipment, cleaning, refueling, extra days, and fees associated with parking or other vehicle violations.
5. Rental Requirements:
A. Driving License: All drivers must possess a driver license valid for the entire rental period and a major credit card. An international driver license is required for foreign tourists.
B. Driving Age: Minimum age is 25. Only drivers listed on the contract are allowed to drive. All drivers and their drivers’s licenses must be present at time of vehicle pick up.
C. Insurance: All renters are required to carry auto insurance that provides full coverage (property damage, liability, comprehensive and collision) for all drivers for the duration of the rental. Insurance information is required prior to pick-up of the rental. Otherwise you will need to purchase our commercial insurance at $45 per day which offers the minimum statutory liability coverage in the states you will be driving and comprehensive and collision coverage with a $1,000 deductible per occurrence. Insurance provided by credit card companies is not sufficient for rental.
6. Travel Restricted Areas: Travel is limited to a 500 mile radius from Bend, OR. Travel into Canada is permitted with a surcharge of $75 and written authorization. Travel into the following areas is outside of the 500 mile radius and is strictly prohibited: Mexico, Apache Trail in Arizona, Death Valley, Burning Man Festival. The entire security deposit will be forfeit if there is evidence of unrestricted usage.
7. Roadside Assistance: Roadside assistance is only provided within AAA's operating area. Roadside assistance outside of this area, generally unpaved roads and remote areas, is the responsibility of the renter. Renter is liable for all damages to vehicle, tires, towing charges and other expenses as a result of a breakdown associated with operating in these areas. Rental fee credits will not be provided.
8. Restrictions: Smoking is not allowed inside the vehicles. Pets are only permitted with written authorization and are subject to a minimum $50 cleaning charge. Evidence of an unauthorized pet is subject to a minimum $250 cleaning charge. Towing of anything is prohibited at all times. Sitting or standing on roof of vehicle is not allowed at any time.
9. Vehicle Pickup and Return: Vehicles are available for pick up from 9 AM to 1 PM weekdays (except major holidays). We will try to accommodate people for later check-outs and check-in's if requested. Vehicles are available on weekends by appointment only. Vehicles may be picked up only by the applicant. Vehicles must be returned by 7 PM on the last day of rental with a full tank of gas.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME WITHOUT NOTICE