Bend westy faq
1. How can I get to Bend, Oregon?:
A. Fly: The Redmond/Bend Municipal Airport (RDM) is accessible through most major airports on the West Coast. Flight time from Portland (PDX) to the Redmond/Bend Airport it is normally 40 minutes on Alaska or United Airlines. Flight time from Seattle (SEA) is 50 minutes. Bend Westy can arrange to pick you up from the Redmond/Bend Airports for an additional $50 each way.
B. Drive: Bend is located in Central Oregon. It's roughly 3 hours drive time from Portland and a 6.5 hours drive from Seattle. Drive time from the RDM airport to our facility is roughly 20 minutes.
D: Train: Unfortunately, passenger train services to Bend is not very convenient as it involves bus transfers and several stops. If traveling via train, we recommend ending your ride in Portland then arranging travel to Bend from there.
2. Where can I park my car if I choose to drive to Bend?: Street parking may not be available with some privately owned rental vans, please inquire if you need to park a car.
3. Are there any areas that I can't travel to?: Travel is limited to a 500 mile radius from Bend, OR. Travel into Canada is permitted with a surcharge of $75 and written authorization. Travel into the following areas is outside of the 500 mile radius and is strictly prohibited: Mexico, Apache Trail in Arizona, Death Valley, Burning Man Festival. The entire security deposit will be forfeit if there is evidence of unrestricted usage.
4. Am I charged for miles driven?: The daily rental rate includes 100 miles. Miles beyond the total of 100 for each day of your rental are charged at $0.50 per mile.
5. How old do I have to be to rent a van?: Minimum age is 25. Only drivers listed on the contract are allowed to drive. All drivers and their driver's licenses must be present at time of vehicle pick up.
6. Can I bring my pet with me?: We love pets here at Bend Westy! Up to two pets are only permitted and are subject to an additional $50 cleaning fee per pet. Evidence of an unauthorized pet is subject to a minimum $250 cleaning charge. All renters are responsible for the cost of any damage.
7. What kind of fuel is required?: Premium Unleaded
8. What kind of fuel consumption can I expect?: 16 - 22 miles per gallon
9. Do I need to have insurance?: All renters are required to carry auto insurance that provides full coverage (property damage, liability, comprehensive and collision) for all drivers for the duration of the rental. Insurance information is required prior to pick-up of the rental. Otherwise you will need to purchase our commercial insurance at $15 per day which offers the minimum statutory liability coverage in the states you will be driving and comprehensive and collision coverage with a $1,000 deductible per occurrence. Insurance provided by credit card companies is not sufficient for rental. Please plan on 30 minutes to complete our check-in process. This process is required to ensure the full return of your security deposit.
10. What if I have to cancel my trip?: Our simple cancellation policy is explained along with other rental terms here.
11. Answers to the following questions can be found in our Terms & Conditions:
A. What are the terms and conditions of renting with Bend Westy?
B. What equipment comes with a Bend Westy Rental?
C. How many people can sleep in the van?
D. What happens if we breakdown outside of AAA's range?